Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Tail Gate Guy

Before you think I'm going to get on my high horse about somebody tailgating me, and me getting all bent out of shape, that's not what I'm going to gripe about.
I was driving to work this morning, and heading down one of the many surface streets I need to use to get to the freeway. I wasn't very close to him, but he kept slowing down further, and I'd end up closer, at least for a moment when he'd slow down, and then he started waving his hands around as if I were really riding his backside.
Now, I wasn't. Not in the amount where you'd think, 'hey, that guy's too close to me!'.
I guess we're all really edgy at times. Maybe we're all more edgy generally. Maybe the pace of life has gotten so that even the little infractions seem really bad.
I mean, I could see myself doing the same thing if I were in his shoes. And it so often has to do with driving, doesn't it? I'm sure there's some deeply profound reason for that, but, let's just keep at it, we get pissy about driving.
And he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home