Thursday, February 24, 2005

Cheetos

What is wrong with me? I keep eating Cheetos.
A couple weeks ago, Joe brought in some Cheetos. I had some of them. I haven't had Cheetos in a long time. They tasted really good. Now I want more. I swear it must be the MSG. That stuff is probably really addicting and addictive.
Which leads me to ask, which of the above words is right. Joe took me to lunch yesterday for my birthday. That was pretty cool. I seem to avoid going to lunch with people at work lately. I think it is because I need a break from work, and when you go to lunch with coworkers, you end up talking about work most of the time.
Anyway, we went to this Thai/Chinese/Japanese fusion place that was tasty. That had these chocolate-dipped fortune cookies (I bet the ladies love those things). He said he thought they were addictive, and then he said, 'or is it addicting?'. I don't know which is right, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Just as long as you keep perspicacity and perspicuity straight.
That's actually probably the most subtle and funny joke from a Simpson's episode, where the teachers go on strike. Lisa complains that she was only able to come up with two synonyms, and says that she is losing her perspicacity. Perspicacity would show her ability to discern the synonyms, but perspicuity would be more her lucidity while choosing the synonyms. Most cerebral joke... ever.
Ok, I guess I wasn't going anywhere in particular, but here we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home